I started Headsplit Design in 2005.
Since then, I’ve been working with metal bands from all over the earth.
You probably own a cd or a shirt with my art on it. I’ve been playing in bands since 2000 and toured quite a lot, I know my job from the inside out.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you need commissioned work done.
- Remy C.
Past clients (name dropping) :
------ Cryptopsy, Whitechapel, Napalm Death, Thy Art Is Murder, Six Feet Under,
Beyond Creation, Aeon, Pig Destroyer, Mumakil, The Arrs, Psycroptic, Arch Enemy, Benighted, The Faceless, Misery Index, A Night In Texas, Fallujah, The Red Shore, Beneath The Massacre, Spiritual Beggars, Lock Up, Terrorizer, Suicide Silence, Origin, Gorod and so on...
What you can commissioned me to do :
- Album/EP cover artwork
- Full album layout (booklet, inlays, cd label, vinyl sleeve, digipak...)
- Merch design (shirt, hoodie, banner...)
- Anything from guitar pedal artwork to e-cig liquid design.
What I don't offer :
- I don't do logos but I can refer you to great people who do
- I won't copy another artist. If you want something that looks like "this guy's (insert world class overbusy and expensive artist)" go to him!
- I won't do artworks that are really out of my style.
february 9th 2023 - New shirt designs and cover artworks added!
If you're following me on social medias, you probably saw that I've started building guitars from scratch in June! I'm a real guitar nerd, I've bought and sold at least 50 guitars over the years.
My partner and I moved to the countryside 8 months ago, and I finally had the space to start building guitars.
I'm at my 4th complete build. Right now I'm focusing on iconic bolt on neck guitars (Telecasters, Jazzmasters, Stratocasters
...) But I actually started designing some more "metal" looking guitars, so stay tuned.
This one below if available for sale, for just 500€, contact me if you're interested.
Handmade in France!
TECHNICAL SPECS :
- Several pieces of french beech (from a carpenter friend)
- Gibson Faded style finish, open pores, but shinier.
Black stain and acrylic lacquer clear.
- Thickness 33 mm
- 3 ply tortoise guard
- European maple neck
- French walnut fretboard
- Scale lenght 25.5"
- Radius 9.5"
- Fender Standard frets, medium jumbo
- Nut width 42 mm
- Thin Modern C Fender US style neck profile
- Thickness first fret approx 21 mm
- Tickness 12th fret approx 23 mm
- Amber Nitro finishsemi gloss
- Rounded neck heel
- Truss Rod double action
(truss rod access under the pickguard, no need to remove the neck)
- Toploader modern telecaster bridge 6 saddles
- Mustang/LP Junior type tuners
- 1 volume / 1 tone / 1 jack
- Fender Highway One pickup (6-7 kohm)
If you like instrumental and progressive metal, check out the EP of my project MERIDIAN On bandcamp